11 July 2006

The number three

I have three works in progress. My preferred project at the moment are some Knucks. I love love love this pattern. I'm not sure if I'll embroider the ones I'm knitting now, but I think I'll be making more than one pair! I even signed up for the knit along! I'm also knitting some blue lace (Evelyn A. Clark's Trellis Scarf) and a diagonal garter stitch scarf from yarn that I spun!!! (I'm a bit excited about that.)

Then there are three hats waiting to be to sent to Jeanne. (See Stephanie's posts.) Two watermelon and one green veggie of your choice (lima bean? pea? squash?).

And I must choose three knitters to invite to an
imaginary dinner. It's very hard for me to pick only three. I'd say definitely Molly Weasley. (Yes, she's fictional. But if dead knitters can come, why not fictional ones?) She has raised seven children and knits a sweater for each of them every Christmas, and I want to know how she does it, even with magic. I also want to invite someone I call the purple swatch person. When I was in first or second grade, she came to our school library and showed our class what knitting looked like. I was enchanted by how the purple something she was making was suspended on the needles, and I knew then that I wanted to learn how to knit. I'd like to thank her for sparking my interest in knitting, even if it took me about 10 years to take up a pair of needles and learn. But who should I invite as the third knitter? Ann and Kay of Mason-Dixon Knitting? The Yarn Harlot? Evelyn A. Clark, my favorite knitting designer? Or maybe Gromit? I'll have to think about that. In the meantime, back to my knucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home