04 May 2007

First Impressions

As you may have heard, the Sockapalooza Four blog has been having problems because there are so many members. So Alison and her tech guys have started a Sockapalooza Pligg system for us to use. As much as I want to love it, I don't right now. I haven't used it much yet, but I'm willing to give it a try. I may just need some time to adjust; for instance, I hated the new Interweave Knits layout at first, but now I'm okay with it.

I'm still figuring out how to navigate Pligg. But the bigger issue I have with the site is the voting thing. True, it doesn't look like the posts with less votes will be totally ignored, and it will help identify the more interesting posts (although that, of course, is subjective). However, having a clearly noticeable number next to the link saying how many people have voted for that post just doesn't seem all that friendly to me.

On a brighter note, it looks like there other options to come, based on what Alison has written in the comments on this post.

Also, I'm glad that Lexy Girl has started a Sockapalooooza Flickr group. I think it will be a good way for everyone to share there pictures.

What do you think?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Seanna Lea said...

It's definitely kind of sad when it's your post languishing with low marks, and voting for each one you read is kind of misleading too. But the group is young, so we will find a happy medium pretty soon.

(Mine is one of the languishing, but that's OK)

May 04, 2007 5:22 PM  
Blogger Saffron said...

I'm not sure about the voting aspect either ... I haven't joined it yet.

May 04, 2007 6:07 PM  
Blogger alison said...

I didn't like that IK layout either at first. The good content in this issue has helped me get over it though!

I hope you'll get to liking the pligg system!

May 05, 2007 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home