15 December 2006

Time Flies

Now that my finals are over, I finally have some time to post! Can't show you what I'm knitting now (hint: Christmas gifts), but I can tell you that I joined two knitalongs.

Who Wouldn't Love a Handknitted Gift?! I haven't posted there yet, but I will once I finish my the two gifts I'm knitting. (No peeking, Mom and Dad!)

Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge. I'm really excited about this one, since I really admire colorwork but haven't done much myself. My project will be the Nordic Mittens (Interweave Knits Winter 2004). I started these awhile back, but the cuff is huge (maybe Hagrid could use some mittens?), so I'm going to frog and restart them, casting on fewer stitches.

And if I'm going to be stranded in Norway, I might as well go see what the Norwegian Seaman's Church in San Francisco is all about. My Norwegian class is going as a sort of fieldtrip/end of the semester celebration. (Is it bad that I'm hoping to see some stranded colorwork sweaters and such? I don't really expect to, but you never know...)

Back to my knitting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home