13 September 2006

The Harlot, Hollis, and a whole lot of knitters

My mom, my sister, and I went to see the Yarn Harlot on Saturday. We arrived in Los Altos about an hour before Full Thread Ahead would open, so I cast on for my second pair of Knucks while we were waiting. I was happily knitting away, when a muggle walked by and muttered to her companion, "What's with all the knitters?" (But since I wasn't supposed to hear that, I didn't try to explain.)

After getting our "zone" assignments, we grabbed some lunch before returning to FTA. (I must say, Hollis and her staff are great! They were very energetic and well organized.) I knew I wanted to buy some yarn, but was having some trouble deciding. I finally settled on some of Garnstudio's Camelia, in a dark blue. Quite honestly, the Norwegian on the label convinced me to buy it. I think it'll be good practice for my norskkurs (Norwegian class).

Thankfully, my mom and sister had grabbed some good seats in the fourth row while I was inside buying my yarn. Look at all those knitters...
















Since we still had about an hour before Stephanie would speak, I cast on for the Swallowtail Shawl with my new garn yarn (more blue lace!). The provisional cast on was trickier than it should have been, but I had forgotten to bring a crochet hook and some smooth waste yarn. So I made do with my fingers and a bit of Rowan Felted Tweed.

Hollis gave away lots of great prizes, and then it was time for Stephanie to talk.














I shall only say this: I loved it.

Then, I got to meet Stephanie in person. She is so sweet. Hollis was about to take this picture when I suddenly remembered--the sock!--and quickly grabbed it.














And then I went home to work some more on my shawl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home