08 May 2007

Tuesday Sock Watcher: Getting Started

Wow, we're only about a week into Sockapalooza Four and so much has happened. We've overwhelmed Blogger, so Alison and her tech guys have set up a Sockapalooza Pligg. Lots of great links are being submitted.

And of course, the participants are busy getting started--buying yarn, picking a pattern, and even casting on. Here's a sampling of what happened this past week.

Yarn Over Here

Saffron shows off some projects she's been working on and the colorful Claudia Hand Painted Yarn she's chosen for her pal.

Lilachica has picked out some pink and purple Colinette Jitterbug for her pal.

Jayne has dyed up some yarn for her pal and asks for pattern suggestions.

Mathgirl has a skein of Fleece Artist Sea Wool in Seastorm for her pal's socks.

Pattern Picking

Lana is planning to knit her pal two pairs of socks (Snowflake Lace Socks and Bayerische Socks) and discusses what yarns she's thinking about using.

Yarn and Pattern--Check!

Yarn Addict has found a creative way to photograph the fiery Shaefer Anne she has for her pal. She's planning to knit River Rapids (pdf).

Jess is also considering River Rapids, but with Koigu.

Alligator is going to make her pal a pair of Monkey socks out of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Vera. (Check out her cute sweater too.)

KnitterlyJess is also going to knit a pair of Monkey socks, with Socks that Rock in Lapis.

Cast On

Another pair of Monkeys! Sarah is busy working on her pal's socks.

Carrie is going toe-up, knitting the Barvarian Rockstar pattern out of some beautiful blue Sundara yarn.

Colette is already on the gusset of her pal's Almost Argyle socks.

Cindy has started a pair of Waving Lace Socks from Favorite Socks for her pal out of ShibuiKnits sock yarn.

Tune in Next Week...

If you would like to be included in my next Tuesday Sock Watcher post, please leave a comment or send an e-mail to bluelacefiesta AT yahoo DOT com (put "Tuesday Sock Watcher" as the subject) and tell me what you're working on for your pal. Thanks!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger jsmith19 said...

Whooo!! Thanks for including me on your Tuesday Sock Watcher post!! I'll be sure to check in every Tuesday :)

May 08, 2007 7:57 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

This is great! I now know which pattern I'll be using for my pal! I have been waiting for the yarn to arrive before posting anything. But I'll be in contact;)

May 08, 2007 10:04 AM  
Blogger Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Cool, I got a mention! :) This summary is a great way to get a quick overview of what's happening. There's a LOT going on!

May 08, 2007 10:12 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Wow! You are really having fun watching everyone. Thanks for the list. I'll have to check out some of those links!!

May 08, 2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Thanks for visiting my site and the link to my Sockapalooza sock journey. I've had several visits because of it.

May 08, 2007 12:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OOOh - thanks for including me!

May 08, 2007 3:05 PM  
Blogger Shannah said...

Hey this is great!!!

I'll be sure and check in next Tuesday, and feel free to include me if you'd like. I've picked a pattern...

May 08, 2007 5:40 PM  
Blogger jayne said...

This was a helpful recap, thanks! I got a lot of good suggestions for sock patterns. Now I have to start checking them out. And I ordered Charlotte Schurch's first book of Sensational Socks.

May 08, 2007 7:36 PM  
Blogger Saffron said...

Wow! Cool recap! Thanks for featuring my blog on this post! I'm honored!

May 09, 2007 4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home