01 March 2009

New Yarns, New Project

Another Stitches has come and gone. I went on Friday with some friends from Ravelry, and ran into several more while I was there. It was nice to see so many familiar faces, especially considering that two years ago I didn't really know any other knitters in person. Ravelry has certainly changed that.

As for the shopping at Stitches, I pretty much stuck to my plans. Here's what I got:

Stitches West 2009 Haul (IMG_2060)

(I rather like how all the colors go together.)

From left to right we have:

50/50 Silk/Merino fiber in No. 9 from A Verb for Keeping Warm. I know I said I wanted to try something other than merino or merino blends, but this was too pretty to pass up! I think it would be great as a laceweight.

Malabrigo Lace in Paris Night. Actually, I didn't buy this yarn at Stitches. As if going to Stitches wasn't enough yarn shopping for one day, R and I stopped by my LYS (Stash) afterwards. There had been some of the laceweight at Stitches, but I wasn't crazy about the colors, so I figured I was better off checking out my LYS, since they had just received a shipment of Malabrigo (both lace and worsted).

Malabrigo Dos in Indiecita. If you knew the password, the nice folks at the Malabrigo booth gave you a skein of yarn to try! I can't wait to knit this up, probably as a pair of fingerless mitts.

Toots LeBlanc BFL/pygora laceweight in Chocolate. This was the only thing I bought that wasn't on my list, but I figured it was okay because (1) I skipped purchasing something else on my list and (2) I walked the rest of the market first in case I saw something else I would rather have. Toots LeBlanc was my favorite new find (thanks to Stash and Burn); I love that their yarns and fibers are left their natural color.

Black Water Abbey worsted weight in Moss. I'm planning to make a vest with this yarn, and the color is a nice fit for the first color/theme grouping of Project Spectrum: Cardinal Directions, which starts today.

But before I begin my vest, I'm casting on for Malabrigo March! I started working on Ishbel this morning (using Malabrigo Lace in Paris Night).

Ishbel: Casting on (IMG_2109)

My progress is a little slow since I keep stopping to pet the oh-so-soft Malabrigo. Mmmmmmm.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lolly said...

WOW! what a gorgeous group of new yarns! I am excited that you are thinking about PS too :)

March 02, 2009 5:05 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Gorgeous stuff, Jennifer! I'm SO jealous of the two Malabrigo skeins! Which size are you making for the Ishbel? And how many skeins do you think it will take? I may need to put this combo on my wish list!

March 02, 2009 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it's ok that I let two of my coworkers know about your blog--another Jennifer and Donna. Donna knits a lot of socks, and Jennifer is into spinning and weaving but would like to knit more.

March 17, 2009 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home