24 December 2008

Trellis the Second

It's pretty rare that I knit the same pattern twice, but earlier this year my grandma asked me to knit her a Trellis Scarf. She liked mine, and wanted hers to be a darker blue.

Over the past few months, I had been making some progress on her scarf, but the approach of Christmas gave me the extra push to finish. And here it is!

Trellis Scarf II (IMG_1386)

Pattern: Trellis Scarf by Evelyn Clark, from Interweave Knits Spring 2006
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk in Aegean, less than 1 skein
Needles: Addi Natura US 1 1/2 (2.5 mm)

Trellis Scarf II Mosaic

The only major modification I made to the pattern was altering the ending border. The pattern ends with a straight edge, which you block to points. However, this wasn't symmetrical enough for me, so I added in some make ones and decreases to the original chart.

Trellis Scarf II (IMG_1275)
Ending border on the left, beginning on the right.

I hope she likes it!

Happy holidays, everyone!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! It is a wonderful gift. I love your modifications. The two ends match very well.

December 24, 2008 8:34 PM  
Blogger Jennie said...

It's fantastic!!

December 26, 2008 2:03 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Very pretty! I think I'm going to have to add that to my queue!

December 28, 2008 6:37 PM  
Blogger Erin C-B said...

It's really gorgeous!

Is there any chance you have notes on how you modified it at the other end? I could never knit it unless I could make it match!

January 06, 2009 12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma loved the scarf is and so proud to wear it! It's beautiful.

March 17, 2009 7:14 PM  
Anonymous Mom said...

You should feel honored that Grandma asked you to knit her a scarf. Of course she picked out the prettiest of patterns! Gorgeous!

June 05, 2009 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home