15 May 2008

Recto-Verso

Over a year after abandoning my stranded mitten (yes, in the singular), I think I'm ready to give colorwork another shot. This time, I'll be making a pair of Endpaper Mitts. It's a semi stash-busting project, since one yarn is from the stash and one is new. I had a skein of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in teal (color 20) is leftover from my Tangled Yoke Cardigan, but nothing to go with it, so off to the yarn store I went. At first I was looking at dark and medium browns, but the woman working there suggested something lighter for more contrast. Eventually, I decided on the Silky Wool in sandstone (color 50). Perfect for the Earth element of PS3!

IMG_6675 edited

I made a two-sided swatch, to see how the different color combinations look.

Side 1:
Side 1 (IMG_6816 edited)

Side 2:
Side 2 (IMG_6814 edited)

I'm probably going to go with side 2, but I'm still debating about the color for the cuff. Which side and cuff do you think looks better?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vote is for side 2, although I'm not sure which color I like better for the cuff.

May 17, 2008 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home