04 January 2008

Kool Hat, Warm Hands

One skein.

IMG_4022 edited
Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted in Vetiver (607)

Two finished objects.

IMG_4116 edited

Pattern: Koolhaas by Jared Flood. The pattern was originally from Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts 2007, but can also be purchased here. I only worked 3.5 vertical repeats of the lattice pattern, and therefore had to adjust the placement of the decreases. In addition, I worked some of the decreases differently, because I wanted them to be twisted at the base. So, for the [sl 1, k2tog, psso] decreases, I slipped the first stitch purlwise rather than the usual knitwise, and for the ssk decreases I used k2tog tbl. A fun pattern and a quick knit!

Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted in Vetiver (607). This was my first time using Malabrigo, and it certainly won't be my last! It's so soft and is a pleasure to knit with (and wear).

Needles: US 5 (3.75 mm) for the ribbing, US 7 (4.5 mm) for the lattice pattern.

IMG_4125

With the leftover yarn from my Koolhaas hat, I made some fingerless gloves.

IMG_4333 edited

Pattern: What pattern? I made up the pattern as I went along, with Grumperina's posts on a brioche neck warmer and hat being the stitch pattern inspiration, and the hand/wrist warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts being the basis for the general construction. The fingerless gloves I made are brioche rib worked in the round, with a few rows worked back and forth to create a thumb opening.

Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm).

IMG_4394 edited

Now I know why they call it mmmmMalabrigo!

1 Comments:

Blogger funsize said...

Looking good! I can't wait to work with Malabrigo myself, I imagine it's amazing yarn. I amuse myself with it's name.. "bad raincoat" in spanish, because even wet wool stays warm.

keep it up :)

January 08, 2008 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home