27 September 2007

My printer is trying to tell me something

So, I just turned on my printer so I could print the Friday Harbor errata from Knitting on the Road. Before I even clicked "Print", my printer started to print something. Weird, I thought. And what did it print? The Yarndex page for the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool. I must have accidentally sent it to the printer the other day, but for some reason it didn't print until today.

So, why was I looking at the Silky Wool? I've been eyeing the Tangled Yoke Cardigan from Interweave Knits Fall 2007. The pattern calls for Rowan Felted Tweed, but I found it a bit rough to work with when I used it to make a pair of Knucks, so if (when?) I make the cardigan, I'd probably use a different yarn. There's quite a few people on Ravelry who have used or are using the Silky Wool, so it seems like it could be a good sub.

I've been telling myself I really shouldn't go and buy yarn for a sweater right now, since I have plenty of yarn to keep me occupied for a while. However, my printer seems to have other ideas. Surely buying a skein to swatch with wouldn't hurt?

1 Comments:

Blogger Prachi said...

Go for it - printers are never wrong! They give you the truth in black and white, don't they?

September 30, 2007 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home