23 May 2007

One Year

It's my first blogiversary! That's right, I made my first post here one year ago. It's hard to believe that I've had this blog a whole year now. And what better way to celebrate one year of Blue Lace Fiesta than to cast on for some blue lacy socks for my sock pal?

my sock pal's socks
Pattern: Waving Lace Socks (ribbed cuff variation) from Favorite Socks
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Denim

I know I haven't been the best at posting regularly, although I do aim for at least once a month. Thankfully, Sockapalooa Four and the knit pligg are encouraging me to post more often.

Getting a blog has taught me a lot about, well, blogging. I've gained a new appreciation for bloggers, especially those who post almost daily. Now that I have my own blog, I realize how time consuming blogging is, between writing posts, adding links and pictures, and reading through the comments. But even though blogging is a lot of work, it's also a lot of fun, and I have absolutely no regrets about starting this blog.

Owning my own blog has also made me a better commenter. I used to only lurk on blogs (see the sidebar for some of my regular reads), but now I leave comments. Not all the time, but a lot more than I used to.

Finally, I'd like to say thank you. To whoever reads this blog and to all of you who have left comments or e-mailed me. To my family, for all of their enthusiasm about my knitting and this blog, despite being non-knitters, for the most part. And to my fellow knit bloggers, who continue to inspire me with their wonderful posts! I definitely wouldn't be the knitter I am today without reading all of your blogs, which have introduced me to new yarns, new patterns, and even more great knit blogs.

If you're reading this, I'd love to hear from you! Happy blogging and happy knitting!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger amanda j said...

I'm reading! Happy blogiversary!! I have been blogging for over a year now and have gone through phases where I blog a lot, and then . . . not so much. I have found it has really affected my knitting in a very good way. Your blue socks are looking beautiful. I hope you get lots of comments on this post!

May 24, 2007 4:35 AM  
Blogger Elise said...

Happy blogiversary! The waving lace pattern is a great pattern. That's what I knit for my my last sockapalooza pal.

May 24, 2007 6:53 AM  
Blogger Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Happy Blogiversary! :)

May 24, 2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger knitty_kat said...

The socks look great and Happy blogiversary! May you continue to grow with the blogging, reading and commenting in the blog-o-verse!

(commenting is oh so important! Got to give love the get love)

here from pligg

May 24, 2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

happy blogaversary! the blue socks look great!

May 25, 2007 4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday!

May 25, 2007 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home