06 September 2007

Worth the Wait

Even though my sockpal sent out my socks on time, they took a while to get here. Thankfully, the package was delivered safe and sound on Tuesday. And it was definitely worth the wait!

A package from Germany

My super secret sockpal, Theresia, lives in Germany.

She made me two pairs of socks.

Two pairs of socks!

Here is my pair of footies, made with hand dyed yarn from here. I love the colors.

Footie socks

And here is my pair of River Rapids Socks (pdf). (The color is more accurate in the second and third pictures).

Wearing my socks (without flash)

They are so cozy!

Wearing one sock (with flash)

The yarn is very interesting to look at--each ply is a different color (white, lavender, periwinkle, a reddish purple, and a very dark purple).

Sock pattern detail

Both pairs fit well and I'm sure I'll use them often!

Theresia also sent me lots of other goodies: Opal dpns, a point protector / needle holder, beaded stitch markers, a sock booklet, soaps, a flower pin, hand and nail cream, and chocolate (yum!). She is very talented--except for the needles, the hand cream, and the chocolate, she made everything herself! And I love how she included little notes explaining what she sent me.

Sockapalooza 4 mosaic 3

Here's the needle holder in action. I love the button she picked out!

Handmade point protector / needle holder in action

Thank you so much Theresia! You are so thoughtful and I love everything you sent me!

(And many thanks to Alison for hosting Sockapalooza 4!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer,

I am so glad, that you like my package! It was so much fun putting it together!

Theresia

September 07, 2007 2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you're metric. Thirty degrees is cold water wash.

Wow, what a great package!

September 07, 2007 11:31 AM  
Blogger Prachi said...

Wow, that's quite a package! I love the stitch markers and the needle case, and the footsies too.

Browsed here via Ravelry, see you tomorrow at Sufficient Grounds!

September 20, 2007 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home