20 June 2007

For You, Sock Pal

I finished my pal's socks!

IMG_1670

Pattern: Merino Lace Socks by Anne Woodbury. Published in Favorite Socks and Interweave Knits Summer 2003. The most major change I made was how I worked the heel flap. Rather than continue the lace patterns down the heel flap, I worked the typical heel with slipped stitches (Row 1: *slip 1, knit 1,* repeat across, Row 2: slip 1, purl across). I really enjoyed this pattern, and would love to make myself a pair someday!

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in color 14ns (denim), 2 skeins. As always, this yarn was a pleasure to work with.

Needles: Addi Turbo US 0 (2 mm), 40 inch circular (magic loop method). This was the first (finished) pair of socks where I worked the two simultaneously.

IMG_1706 edited

To finish off the look, I made up a label. I used the pictures of the custom labels that Grumperina made for her pal's socks for Sockapaloooza as the basis of what kind information to include.

IMG_1777 edited

Sock Pal, you'll have to wait until August for your socks, but I hope you'll enjoy them!

10 Comments:

Blogger s b said...

Wow...words cannot express...those socks are fantastic!!!

June 20, 2007 11:12 PM  
Blogger Saffron said...

Wow...those are beautiful socks! That's some lucky pal you got there :)

June 21, 2007 3:51 AM  
Blogger zeska said...

I love them :). I'm knitting a slight variation of the pattern for my pal (toe up, little reorganized stitch patterns etc...) and I hope they will turn out this beautiful!

June 21, 2007 6:20 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

gorgeous! that pattern was definfitely n the running when i was choosing what to make my pal.

June 21, 2007 10:43 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Lovely! I need to get that book!

June 22, 2007 9:43 AM  
Blogger alltangledup said...

These socks are just gorgeous.

June 24, 2007 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These socks are *so* beautiful! What a great pattern this is, and I so love the color of the yarn! Your pal is certainly the lucky one - she's going to love these goodies! Great work indeed!

June 24, 2007 10:01 AM  
Blogger T said...

Pretty pretty

June 24, 2007 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - very pretty. Maybe I'm your lucky sock pal!

June 26, 2007 5:01 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Thank you soooooooo much! I love them, and they fit perfectly. Can't wait for it to cool off a little, so I can show them off!

August 09, 2007 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home