01 March 2008

mmmMalabrigo March

Over on Ravelry, the Malabrigo Junkies group is celebrating Malabrigo March. There are a bunch of knitalongs and contests going on, so it's going to be an exciting month! I'm co-leading two of the KALs with sweetfigs - one for Koolhaas (KAL here) and one for the Amanda Hat (pdf) (KAL here).

In preparation for the KALs, I was working on an Amanda Hat this week.

IMG_5220 edited

Pattern: Amanda Hat (pdf) by Gina House
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted in Violetas (68), one skein
Needles: US 8 (5 mm), and US 7 (4.5 mm) for the decreases

The first time I worked through the pattern as written. However, the top ended up being a bit puckered and the hat was a bit too long. So I frogged back some, eliminating the last two rounds of the lace pattern. I worked the garter rounds, and then switched to smaller needles for the decreases. I also added an additional round of decreases (k2tog all the way around) before cinching off the top. The modified top ended up much smoother for me, and like how it turned out. I really enjoyed knitting this hat, and especially love how the combination of variegation and lace pattern worked out.

IMG_5274 edited

Time to cast on for more mmmMalabrigo hats!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennie said...

Super cute!

March 02, 2008 1:20 AM  
Blogger Saffron said...

Oh, I just love that pattern. and that hat is beautiful!!! :)

March 02, 2008 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home