14 February 2008

Hugs and Kisses

Happy Valentine's Day!

IMG_4729

Pattern: Besotted Scarf by Adrian Bizilia (Hello Yarn)
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted in Amoroso (157), 2 skeins
Needles: Addi Natura US 6 (4.0 mm)

This scarf was a fun and fairly quick knit. Not surprisingly, I loved working with the Malabrigo, and I really enjoy the squishiness of the cables. To help blend the variations in color between the two skeins of yarn, I alternated between them every two rows. The pattern suggests slipping the the edge stitches, but I just knitted or purled them instead.

IMG_4811 edited

The finished dimensions are 5 1/2 inches wide by 55 inches long (unblocked), and there's only a few yards of yarn left. The scarf is a little on the short side, but then again, so am I! ;)

IMG_4789 edited

I might not have considered this colorway if it wasn't for Project Specturm, but I'm glad I did. It turns out I like warm colors more than I thought! I'll try to incorporate more warm colors into my future knits. Next up are some fiery dishcloths; I'm envisioning a striped chevron pattern.

fiery cotton yarn mosaic

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home