29 March 2008

Shifting Elements

March is coming to a close and April is about to begin, which means Project Spectrum: Elements is changing from Fire to Earth. I've been playing with both elements.

Here is a fiery FO that was for both PS3 and Malabrigo March (Ravelry link).

IMG_5819 edited

Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted in Geranio (44), one skein.
Pattern: The Amanda Hat (pdf) by Gina House. I used the same modifications as I did for my first Amanda Hat.
Needles: US 8 (5 mm) for body of hat, US 7 (4.5 mm) for decreases.

With the leftovers, I'm making Evangeline (fingerless gloves) from MagKnits. I hope I have enough yarn!

IMG_6390 edited

I'm carrying around this project in my new box bag. It's the perfect size for small knitting projects (7 inches long, 4 inches wide, and 3.5 inches tall).

IMG_6407 edited

I chose brown and green fabrics for the Earth element of PS3.

IMG_6399 edited

I used Drago[knit]fly's box bag tutorial, with a couple of modifications. After reading around on some blogs, I decided to add tabs to help make zipping and unzipping the bag easier.

IMG_6403 edited

I also concealed the raw edges with the extra brown fabric. I love how the inside of the bag turned out.

IMG_6400 edited

Making this bag was a bit more time-consuming than I had anticipated, since I ended up ripping and redoing a number of the seams (my sewing skills are a bit rusty), but it was worth it!

IMG_6394 edited

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennie said...

Wow, fantastic job on the hat and bag. One of these days I'm gonna have to learn to sew better.
Good luck on the left over yarn. I hope you have enough.

March 30, 2008 3:39 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

That bag looks great! I've been wanting to make one of those, I'll definitely check out that tutorial.

March 30, 2008 11:07 AM  
Blogger Jen in KS said...

I've got most of my supplies together to create one of the bags, too. I love how yours turned out. Please, tell me, which weight of interfacing did you use? Also, how did you manage to topstitch the second side of the zipper without accidentally sewing the bottom of the bag into the stitching?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

April 03, 2008 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home