23 May 2008

Turning Two

It's my second blogiversary! Despite the name of this blog, I haven't written about very many of my blue lace projects. So, let me introduce you to one of my most recent FOs, a Mini Lace Triangle.

IMG_6746

Pattern: I used the Flower and Medallion motifs from Evelyn Clark's Knitting Lace Triangles. Although I have knit several Evelyn Clark patterns before, this was my first time using this book. The instructions were clear and I loved building my own triangle from the given lace patterns and transitions.
Size: 22” across top, 10.5” from top edge to bottom point.
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Lace in Jewel Blue, 10g sample from the Malabrigo booth at Stitches West.
Needles: 3.25 mm (US 3) Addi Natura.

IMG_6760

I enjoyed knitting with the Malabrigo Lace so much that I bought some more - two skeins in Purple Mystery. Last night I cast on for Ene's Shawl by Nancy Bush (from Scarf Style).

IMG_6940

Malabrigo has tons of great colorways, but I really love the depth of this one; it's a very dark purple leaning towards blue. So, maybe this can count as more blue lace?

~~~

I'd like to close this post by saying thanks to all of my readers! I always love to hear from you, whether in the comments, via e-mail, or on Ravelry, where you can find me as bluelacefiesta. Happy knitting!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home