30 October 2008

From Sockapalooza to Socktober

Remember these?

Possible socks for my pal

I started this pair of socks for Sockapalooza 4 (eventually switching to another color and pattern), picked them back up this year for Sheptember, and finally finished them a couple of days ago for Socktoberfest. It feels good to get these off the needles!

Roza's Socks (IMG_0687 edited)

Pattern: Roza's Socks by Grumperina, from Interweave Knits Spring 2007
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Baltic Sea. (I've adjusted the pictures in this post to get a reasonable representation of the color, but this is the most accurate one I got.)
Needles: US 1 1/2 (2.5 mm) Addi Natura for the leg, US 0 (2.0 mm) Addi Turbo for the heel flap and foot.

Roza's Socks (IMG_0683 edited)

Unfortunately, the leg ended up a bit wide, so the socks are falling down on me. I normally handwash my socks and lay them flat to dry, but I might send these through the dryer to try to shrink them up. While these aren't the best fitting socks I've made, I'm glad that this yarn and pattern combination didn't create any horrible pooling.

Roza's Socks (IMG_0707 edited)

I'm planning to cast on for another pair of socks soon, after I get some other projects finished (I'm in a rare phase of finish-it-up-itis). More Lorna's Laces, this time in Edgewater.

LLSSock in Edgewater (IMG_0658)

I've never completed a pair of toe-up socks, and I think it's time for me to do so! I usually like to knit socks with some sort of stitch pattern, but this time I'll be going with plain vanilla stockinette stitch. I'm aiming for a taller-than-usual pair of socks, so I may throw in some calf shaping if necessary.

Have a happy Halloween!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger karrie said...

I pretty much only do toe-up with 3 x 1 ribs. It's my standard sock. Every time I try to use a published sock pattern it doesn't fit. so I am addicted to trying them on as I go.

October 31, 2008 8:50 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Oooh, I really like those--I was just thinking about starting a pair of those.

November 07, 2008 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home