23 May 2009

Three

It's my third blogiversary! Let's celebrate with a lacy triangle.

Ishbel: Blocking (IMG_2510 edited)

Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Malabrigo Lace in Paris Night (52), less than 1 skein
Needles US 4 (3.5 mm)

Ishbel (IMG_2559 edited)

I really enjoyed knitting this (and wearing it too)! While I originally was making this for a Malabrigo March knitalong, I thought the greys fit in well with the North and stone grouping for Project Spectrum.

Ishbel (IMG_2604 edited)

During the same time I was working on Ishbel, I read Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey. The heroine, Catherine, is fascinated with Gothic novels, so I took inspiration from this and found some Gothic-influenced architecture for a photo shoot.

Ishbel (IMG_2556 edited)

Have a great weekend!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous clwork said...

So pretty that I am casting on one right this minute!

May 24, 2009 10:19 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

adorable! this turned out great.

May 24, 2009 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Maia said...

Happy Blogiversary! It was lovely to see you the other day.

Love the Ishbel! It looks great on you.

May 24, 2009 2:10 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Jennifer. This pattern has been on my to-do list for awhile. Today it moved up a notch! Did you make any modifications from the pattern? Love the color, too...and the location for your photo shoot...where is it?

May 24, 2009 4:02 PM  
Blogger blonderland said...

Congratulations on your third blogiversary! Beautiful project and shoot location - is that in Berkeley?

May 24, 2009 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Carolyn said...

Happy Blogiversary! You did a beautiful job!

June 05, 2009 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home